Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Traditions

As Christmas is almost here and everyone is in full swing of their Christmas traditions I thought I would share a few of mine and my family's.... The below picture is of the group we have over every year from our church (plus my sis and brother n law this year) for a small Christmas party. This is our 3rd or 4th year now and I look forward to it every year! Lots of food, laughs, and games! I thought this year's funniest game was when the couples had to look at each other and say "Merry Christmas, I love you" for one minute without laughing! Hilarious! Another tradition is taking photos for the Christmas card! I'm lucky enough to have a sister who is a professional photographer so she comes here to get Will's picture in front of our tree!
Like alot of people I got 'suckered' into Hallmark ornaments for the children. I had the "expecting' ornament when I was pregnant with Will. Then of course "baby's first Christmas," and this year is "2."
My husband's birthday is December so I have to come up with double the gift ideas! However, by now he should know that one of his birthday presents will be a new ornament from Hallmark. they always make some funny ones. This year we got Caddyshack! "Its in the HOLE!"
These pictures are so special to me. they are even more special to my sister. These are my Nephews!! One of my sister's most favorite traditions are baking cookies from scratch with her boys. they love playing in the dough and cutting them out....
They also decorate with sprinkles and they have Choo Choo aprons!!!
Some other favorite traditions I don't have pictures for:
1. My sister and I have a 'dessert off' at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It started as helping our mom out since she cooks so much. It ended in competition! So now at those two dinners we prepare a dessert to be judged based on taste, festivity, and presentation! I have to admit that I have not been the champ for the last 2! yikes!
2. On Christmas Eve we open up one gift, and have fancy appetizers for dinner!
3. Make a thermos of hot chocolate and go riding around looking at Christmas lights!
4. Watch Christmas movies every night for weeks in December! We'll seriously watch our favorites (Elf, Scrooge, Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation) like four times each by the time Christmas is here... Then Christmas story ALL day on Christmas day on TV!
5. Decorate with 'the Christmas story' Christmas villages.
That's all I can think of right now! Send me some of yours and I'll share!

No comments:

Custom Scrapbooks

Fall Fun Layout

Twitterpated Level 2 Workshop

These Level 1 Paper Packs are great for making cards too! Cut them up (email me for the guide) grab some ribbon, gluedots, a good sentiment stamp and get started! Fast cute cards! I use them for 'everyday' stuff!

Level 1 Cards using Perfect Day