Friday, January 21, 2011

FRESH SALSA

I love fresh Salsa! I think its the cilantro! ;-) I cant get enough of it in there! lol Below is a pic of a winter salsa recipe I found. This was actually kinda thrown together from 2 different recipes. Now while this isn't as AWESOME (haha) as my watermelon salsa it was still pretty good! I have to admit why I made this. I have been seeing everywhere how GOOD avocado was for you and I have NEVER tried it! Never... not even guacamole. Well its not bad.. LOL That's all Ill say... no.. just joking. It was pretty good! I would eat it again!
In this recipe: Red onion (just a tad to taste), cucumber (very important- cool & mild taste), green pears (very important- adds sweetness), lemon and lime juice, pinch of garlic salt, ( i like a lot!) cilantro- FRESH! - i also like a lot of this. And of course.. Avocado! Chop it all up and mix! Serve with tortillas chips. I had to tweak mine until it was all exactly like I wanted. If you try it - try equal parts everything (except onion! - less onion!) and just add more of what you like. I added about a tblspoon of sugar as well b/c I was out of pears and I wanted it sweeter! OK- so funky lil recipe but I loved it!

1 comment:

Custom Scrapbooks

Fall Fun Layout

Twitterpated Level 2 Workshop

These Level 1 Paper Packs are great for making cards too! Cut them up (email me for the guide) grab some ribbon, gluedots, a good sentiment stamp and get started! Fast cute cards! I use them for 'everyday' stuff!

Level 1 Cards using Perfect Day