Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Roll cont....

Okay - here is why people think these things are hard to make! LOL You have to turn it over and out onto cheesecloth. (or foil) I made two and it worked fine for me, and I am NO Martha Stewart in the kitchen- I promise! Roll it IN the cheesecloth (or foil) until the end... Let cool for at LEAST 20 minutes....
Meanwhile make your cream cheese filling! BEST PART EVER of ANY recipe! HA! Combine 8 oz cream cheese (1 pack), 4 tbls butter, & 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cream with mixer... Gradually add 1 cup of confectioners sugar. YUM! (TIP* if you forgot to 'soften' cream cheese beforehand- sit out on TOP of warm oven for a sec while pumpkin bakes... TIP* if you buy a brand new bottle of vanilla- instead of pulling tab off and having to pour - just poke a hole through the foil on top with a toothpick and it will squirt right out for measuring - or just squirt into recipe like I do! I LOVE vanilla extract though so if I out too much I don't mind!)
So when its creamy- unroll your pumpkin and spread evenly. NOW when you go to roll it back up - if you just roll and pull out the cheesecloth from underneath it will roll right back up!!
Refrigerate and EAT asap! yum!

1 comment:

Amie said...

YUMMY thanks for sharing with me!

Custom Scrapbooks

Fall Fun Layout

Twitterpated Level 2 Workshop

These Level 1 Paper Packs are great for making cards too! Cut them up (email me for the guide) grab some ribbon, gluedots, a good sentiment stamp and get started! Fast cute cards! I use them for 'everyday' stuff!

Level 1 Cards using Perfect Day