Monday, October 11, 2010

Random stamping cont...

The key to 'random' stamping is giving it a little order.. I know that defeats 'random' stamping in theory! ha! But if you are doing an entire page it helps! I start in a corner and work down. Even if you have to go off the page to do it.. Just picture something like wallpaper or wrapping paper.. Try to stay close to a pattern. Here I am using Autumn Terracotta b/c its the color I want to show most so I'm doing it first and with the most words. :-) Leaving spaces so that I can strategically place other colored words in between.
Next, I used a smaller block with about 2-3 'words' on it and used barn red. The color I wanted to pop out at me secondly.
I used dessert sand to randomly stamp 1-2 words to keep it neutral but to fill up my page. Next I used pear (second generation) and cranberry ink to add a FEW leaves to give color, texture and to fill in some gaps. I thought it turned out not half bad. What do ya think??? :-)

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I love it. I like it better than the Hobby Lobby paper. You did a great job on it. I have got to try the rubber band technique. Looks great!!

Kelly said...

Looks great!

Custom Scrapbooks

Fall Fun Layout

Twitterpated Level 2 Workshop

These Level 1 Paper Packs are great for making cards too! Cut them up (email me for the guide) grab some ribbon, gluedots, a good sentiment stamp and get started! Fast cute cards! I use them for 'everyday' stuff!

Level 1 Cards using Perfect Day