Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Grape Salad Anyone???

So summer is definitely in FULL swing now! This has become one of my 'potluck' staples for summer gatherings since I was introduced to it about 2 years ago (maybe last year- cant remember - anyway) THANK YOU JOANNA WILLIAMS- because it is so easy and CHEAP to make a BIG ol' pyrex dish full. I apologize for the picture below- My husband made it to the fridge before my camera did! :-) here's the before pic - before the granola topping - see recipe below!
Cream cheese and powdered sugar... MIX WELL... I used 2- 8 oz packages of cream cheese and 2 cups powdered sugar. Fold in a large cool whip - or two small.. add as many grapes as you want -for this recipe I always try to find a BIG bag of small red seedless grapes. SEEDLESS is important here as you do NOT slice the grapes- unless you want to.
OKAY- NOW TOPPING.... Mix 2 cups oats and 1 - 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar. You can add chopped pecans too - which is GREAT - except I have a lil one with a nut allergy so we leave that stuff out... Add melted butter and sprinkle over top and REFRIGERATE! Popping it into the fridge 30 mins to an hour before serving really makes a difference -it seems to 'set' a little.

No comments:

Custom Scrapbooks

Fall Fun Layout

Twitterpated Level 2 Workshop

These Level 1 Paper Packs are great for making cards too! Cut them up (email me for the guide) grab some ribbon, gluedots, a good sentiment stamp and get started! Fast cute cards! I use them for 'everyday' stuff!

Level 1 Cards using Perfect Day

Blog Archive