Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wanna make it extra special?

This lil Island theme night was actually a lil surprise for the hubby. He works CRAZY long hours in the summertime. Its been so hot lately I thought I'd surprise him! We are HUGE Kenny fans- so when we didn't get to go watch "Kenny Chesney Summer in 3D" at the movies- I knew exactly what I was going to do!! I headed out on the search for this DVD. NO luck.. Finally on my fan club email- (yep you heard me!) it said it was out and exclusively at Kmart.... $14.99 plus REAL movie popcorn (HOLY MOLY-$7.00- we actually do this all the time- popcorn to-go!) Also the guy at the movie ticket counter gave me some 3D glasses= FREE. :-) Will even participated! mini oreos for dinner there.....
Okay - so this isn't the greatest photo BUT i forgot to get a good one before we started chowing down.... Spruce up your deck or patio with a couple candles (island scented of course) and some island music.. See below for a list of songs I used- Burn a CD and wah-la!
CD playlist: When the sun goes down, Jammin (a jamaican reggae sound with steel drums), Summertime, Jimmy Buffett, Don't worry be happy, captain morgan song, Toes, Old Blue chair, etc...
My menu: Mahi Mahi (buy FZN in grocery freezer) marinaded in a soy, red pepper, garlic, honey sauce, Top with mango glaze. Serve on coconut jasmine rice. Honey glazed carrots and rosemary new potatoes. AND a favorite around my place- MY SOON TO BE WORLD FAMOUS- Watermelon salsa... LOL Dessert was a variation of Bananas Foster- spooned into a flour tortilla and seared until crispy in butter and sugar. :-)

No comments:

Custom Scrapbooks

Fall Fun Layout

Twitterpated Level 2 Workshop

These Level 1 Paper Packs are great for making cards too! Cut them up (email me for the guide) grab some ribbon, gluedots, a good sentiment stamp and get started! Fast cute cards! I use them for 'everyday' stuff!

Level 1 Cards using Perfect Day

Blog Archive