Saturday, December 11, 2010

14 days! yikes!

Geez! My pictures are backwards again- uggh.. (sorry- you think I would know by now) anyway below is a delicious cake my friend Nicki shared with me! I have made it every holiday season for 3-4 years now. If you are taking the cake (or any cake) to somewhere for a Christmas dinner or gathering then you can make it all pretty with clear crystal sugar sprinkles ( my fav) or red and green sprinkles. I left them off b/c it was just for us here at the house and we personally don't care for the 'crunch.'
okay the icing - this is Scott's favorite part.. I modified this recipe b/c we like it more cream cheesier (that's a word!) So here is my icing recipe for Nicki's cake: 2 softened packages of cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 regular sugar, lots of vanilla extract (if you really like it like we do), 1/2 butter, and 1 cup melted white chocolate (b/c i had some here!) mix with beaters until smooth.. You will have to add milk (or buttermilk) to make consistency. Original recipe is the cream cheese, sugars, and cool whip.. also quick and YUMMY! Cake- YUM- Swiss chocolate cake mix (or substitute any chocolate mix- devils food, fudge, etc..) , 4 eggs, 1cup of oil ( i used 1 cup butter flavored crisco), 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding DELICIOUS!
Oh yeah- it makes alot of frosting!! ;-)

No comments:

Custom Scrapbooks

Fall Fun Layout

Twitterpated Level 2 Workshop

These Level 1 Paper Packs are great for making cards too! Cut them up (email me for the guide) grab some ribbon, gluedots, a good sentiment stamp and get started! Fast cute cards! I use them for 'everyday' stuff!

Level 1 Cards using Perfect Day

Blog Archive