Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Caramel Apple Crisp Apples

....or.......whatever you wanna call 'em! I wanted apple crisp and caramel apples so i came up with this! It is YUM! Again - my pictures are backwards like my brain is working! I have to stop posting so late! LOL The picture directly below here is after dipping the apple into the caramel roll it in oatmeal mixture and then in the crushed/chopped pecans! YUM!
These are just the chopped pecans. Will has a nut allergy so we are VERY careful so we didn't mix them with the oat mixture. But that would work a lot better. the oat mixture is quick oats, butter, and sugar and toasted until crispy in oven on cookie sheet. (about 3-6 minutes) keep checking so you don't burn them! Don't add pecans until after you've made the oatmeal into a crispy granola. Pecans roast too quickly so I didn't add them in the oven at ALL!
Open caramels and add a lil water or milk... start to whisk when it starts to melt.
END RESULT!! Put on wax paper and ENJOY!

No comments:

Custom Scrapbooks

Fall Fun Layout

Twitterpated Level 2 Workshop

These Level 1 Paper Packs are great for making cards too! Cut them up (email me for the guide) grab some ribbon, gluedots, a good sentiment stamp and get started! Fast cute cards! I use them for 'everyday' stuff!

Level 1 Cards using Perfect Day