Thursday, September 23, 2010

Run4Don

This past Saturday I participated in a 5k Run & Walk. It was in honor of Donald Chaffin, a local minister in my area. The run and walk was to raise money to benefit students in their pursuit of a Christian education and the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association in hopes of finding a cure for Lou Gehrig’s disease. Don was able to join us on the sidelines for this day honoring him. Below is a picture of my sister Amie. She is an AVID runner who has participated in several 1/2 marathons and is currently training for another! (whew im tired just typing that!) I on the other hand- I USED to be a runner and I only ran a few times leading up to this event just so I wouldn't be the one sitting on the sidelines with oxygen tanks! lol Amie hung out with me for this race 'for fun.' LOL Here we are finishing 64 & 65 (out of 424) with a time of 33:21. Not too bad for me! :-) you can see my nephews on the side there waiting for us!
Here I am with some friends right before the race started!
And we're OFF!
Here is a group photo of everyone from my church who came out to support this effort! I LOVE these people!!! :-)
I'll leave you today with this thought: "To think that a boy or girl might get to go to a Christian College because of my illness is exciting. We never know how God may use us. " - Don Chaffin, April 14, 2010

No comments:

Custom Scrapbooks

Fall Fun Layout

Twitterpated Level 2 Workshop

These Level 1 Paper Packs are great for making cards too! Cut them up (email me for the guide) grab some ribbon, gluedots, a good sentiment stamp and get started! Fast cute cards! I use them for 'everyday' stuff!

Level 1 Cards using Perfect Day